Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Letter home...


1-11-12

Hello Family and Friends,

So this week I definitely faced a personal trial. I accidentally deleted all of my photos off my camera. That was the angriest I have been in a long time. Some of you are probably thinking, "How could anyone possibly delete all their photos on their camera by accident?" Well, the answer is simple. All you have to do is let a curious idiot named Elder Smidt get his hands on a camera and, Walla! THEY'RE GONE! It’s better than magic! I hated myself for doing that. Luckily some other elders here have the same photos that I deleted, so I will at least kind of have something.

Again, sorry I can’t read the emails from this past week, but I did read the emails from last time, and I loved all of them. I really liked all that info you gave me about the "yoke" mom. I was able to also read the first paragraph of an email from dad from this week. I couldn't stop laughing. Let’s just say, I see good things coming in the future. Thank you so much for your letters mom and dad. When all you do is work and feel stress all the time, it’s so nice to hear from my parents. Also, thank you Heidi, Spencer and Jayden for the letters. I started using the jump rope Coley and Jason gave me, and I love it. It’s a lot harder than I remember, but it’s really nice to work out with. Thank you for sending me those emails from Elders Smidt, Jacobson, and Van Wagenen.

We did our first T.R.C. this last weekend, and it went really good (We’ve been lucky because our district got out of T.R.C. for three weeks due to various reasons). But recently my companion and I have been trying to teach what the investigator needs to hear, and it’s kinda hard to teach that way when your Portuguese knowledge is very little; but we try regardless.

It was awesome to hear that the Ducks won the Rose Bowl. I love my ducks.

Right before I came in the computer room to send my email, I picked up my three "mission ties" letters from Nana and Pops, Mom, and Dad. I haven't gotten the opportunity to read them yet, but thank you for those. I did actually read the last sentence in dads, and I agree, I do like the way this is going.

So, I've been craving some Raffi music, do think that is church appropriate? I almost just need some change around here. I cannot WAIT to get out to the field. Elder Smidt IX was right; being in the MTC is like really rich cake, it is SO good, but I can only handle so much. At least I'm just now getting over the hill, which is nice.

I'm sorry I don’t have more to write about, not much really changes around here, so it’s hard to find new things to write about. Anyways, I love you all!

Love,
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment