Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!


1-4-12


Hello family and friends,

      I want to let you all know that since I’m short on time, I won’t be reading my emails during my emailing time. I will be taking pictures of every email and them reading them later on my free time. So for every email I get, it will be a week until I respond. I’m sorry, but this way I have more time to email.

      Happy Birthday Coley!!! Sorry I’m late in saying that. I’ve been so preoccupied I totally forgot, but I still love you :) 

New Years was very good here, way crazy and a little wicked, but still fun. The whole city was lit up with fireworks, it was insane. We also saw from our room window, a fight break out in the street. It was pretty funny because it was two girls kicking one man’s trash... so yeah, I had a good new years. It’s been kind of a sad week though, because the Brazilians on our floor that we all loved, left for the field. I hope I get the chance to be companions with some of them.
    
      On a happier note though, our district probably had the coolest idea ever. Let’s just say, people refer to us as the avengers now,(even though I’m batman and he has nothing to do with the avengers). Each person in our district took a role of a super hero for a night and we battled the Brazilians who each took on super villain names. It was probably the coolest thing I’ve done since I’ve been here. I made myself a pretty nifty little bat-a-rang thingy... who knows when I’ll need to use it on these Lamanites. For those of you who may have thought I was being serious, I was totally joking. I wouldn’t ever do that, and I don’t refer to the Brazilians here as Lamanites.... sometimes.

      Thank you so much, Tiffany, KJ, Britt, and Mom for your letters, they mean a lot to me. I sent each of you a more detailed letter as far as thanking goes, but I forgot to say to Brittany, that the noise putty she sent me was probably one of the best and worst gifts ever. Its great because of how funny it is and endless joy it brings our entire district; bad because we can’t stop playing with it, even when we use the restrooms.... But thank you again everyone, I love getting stuff from you all!

      We got some new roommates that are actually Brazilian and they are really nice. Hopefully they will help me learn the language better.

     I’m starting to get the hang of teaching lessons but I feel like I’ve hit another barrier in the language. It can be really frustrating at times. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I keep saying this, and I will keep saying this forever, I have the best family and friends EVER! 

    I’m glad to see that I have some emails in my inbox from missionaries. Those Elders are Spiritual giants in my life. I often think to myself what they would do in certain situations I am in. So thank you for forwarding those emails to me.

     I think my body has finally adjusted to the humidity here. I didn’t even realize it, but some new missionaries came today, and they were all sweating and I felt totally normal, so that’s good I guess.

     Ok! That’s it! I love you all! And remember, if you ever think to yourself, "I wonder how Elder Smidt is doing?" please write me! If you want to...

      Sincerely,
          Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment