Wednesday, March 21, 2012

crazy...


Hello Mom and Dad,

       Thank you for the email! Yes, I had a chance to use missionties last week. And I will probably use it again this week. Thank you for sending me that information. You can continue forwarding the letters from Elders Jacobson, Wood, Smidt, and VanWagenen or send them through the mail, doesn't matter. Your companion in Portuguese is “Companheiro,” and my companions name is Elder Barros. He is pretty cool and we actually have a lot in common. He is always helping me learn the language which is good and he is a hard worker. He walks everywhere super fast, which means I'm always sweating, but I guess it’s a good thing since we can’t play sports. It’s a good way to get physical activity in my regimen. He is a great trainer though; he is also the District leader.
       Yes, I get to exercise in the mornings but some mornings I'm so tired, my "exercising" is pretty pathetic. I am getting used to waking up early, but it mostly depends on the previous day when it comes to how easy it is to get up in the mornings. On days where we walk for miles and miles, it’s extremely hard to wake up the next day; on easy days, it’s easy to wake up.
       I got my hair cut here for the first time last week, from a member. I was pretty scared, but it turned out good. So I just wanted to say, I finally used that little Jar of peanut butter I brought with me from home. I am trying to use it very sparingly because there is no Peanut Butter here in Brazil, which stinks, because I LOVE peanut butter. I'm saving the Peanut Butter Brittany gave me for my birthday. Speaking of which, you wanted some birthday ideas? Well, I have a couple :) I would LOVE to have some "Seasoning from Heck". I really miss that stuff, and I have been craving it lately. Also, I don't have anything Oregon related here, and I miss that stuff too. You mentioned that you could put some money in my account instead. That would be pretty dang cool too. There are some really cool things here that I would like but I'm not able to buy because of lack of money. They also have a really delicious snack here that I have fallen in love with. I really don't care, one or the other, I'm totally OK with :)
       So it has been raining here every day for the past week. I love it! I am really glad my backpack came with a cover or else my scriptures would probably be ruined. In case you send this out, I want to say Thank you to Uncle Tim and Aunt Janet. I am so lucky to have that kind of family support, Thank you so much!!!
       I might be changing areas tomorrow even though transfers aren't until next week. Long story short, my companion had a little quarrel with a member in our ward so our mission president decided its best if he changed areas, which is probably good for him because he has been here for about 5 months, but I don't know if I will be changing as well. I hope not. I'm just starting to get used to everything here, but it seems that that is how the church often works. Once you start to get comfortable, they change things. It’s been a crazy week!
       
Alright, Love you guys!

Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment