Thursday, March 29, 2012

que benção!


 Wow, this week has been crazy! Yes, I got transferred, but not last week, TODAY. My first transfer. I am now in "Justinopolis". It’s a lot more ghetto than Venda Nova, but it’s in the same zone, so I am still in the same ward as the people living in Venda nova, but I will still miss being able to visit with them and I am also a little sad to leave Elder Barros. But I learned a trick in the United States. Whenever I’m feeling sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead, that’s right! My New companions name is Elder Pezi. He is really cool and I have a feeling that he will be an excellent trainer, and he speaks English so that will be helpful for when we are talking to drunks and I have no idea what they are saying. 
      Yes, there is A LOT of bread here, almost on every corner there is a bread store. And it is DELICIOUS!
      If you do decide to send me another package, I have a couple more ideas: Axe Hair Putty (Gel doesn’t hold here and it just makes my hair hard) My captain ZOOM tape, and my green tie in my room, the one I used for Home Coming. I've been scared to say this, but I accidentally left my green and Black striped tie in the MTC. I miss not having a green tie.
      New Record this week for letters.... 14! But I also went two weeks without letters. But yes, it’s still awesome. Thank you Coley, Britt (I got a little emotional reading your letter - I love you!), Jason (I was cracking up at the comic and self portrait) Nana and Pops (I hope that I have chicken Broccoli Casserole waiting for me when I get home.) and mom and dad! I loved all the letters. But what the heck is up with "Romey"? Nobody ever told me Coley and Jason got a new dog! What the heck! What kind of dog is it? I want to know some more. Also I can’t wait to see the changes made to the living room and the couches. You should send me pictures. Speaking of which, thank you Coley for the pictures. I carry around a photo album and show people pictures of my family, so I love receiving pictures that I can put in there. But mom, there is no way I can send pictures home on email. I don’t have a cable or a thumb drive to plug into the computers here. I do my emails through internet cafés and the computers don’t have slots for SD cards.
      I will continue to keep the little ones in my prayers
      I also forgot to send out birthday wishes last week, so for what it’s worth, Happy Birthday to Spencer (I can’t believe he is already 10), Bradley and Brittany! Is Bradley planning on putting in his papers soon? Let me know, I want to guess on where he will go.
      I want to let Dan know that I am able to still rock the Kool-Aid Mustache. Unfortunately I discovered this at a member’s home. It was kinda funny but embarrassing too. Thank you Elder Smidt IX for your advice. I sent you another letter as kind of a continuation of my last letter, in case you are confused when you receive it.
      So my new companion is a fast walker. Let’s just say in a few weeks, when wearing my recreational clothes, I will be able to do a certain move quite well. For those of you that don’t know what I’m talking about, watch Nacho Libre.
      My last couple days in Brazil I saw a few interesting things, one of them being "Black Magic" and the other being Toucan Sam. Yes I saw Toucan Sam in a tree, but I couldn’t get him to talk to me. I think it’s because he knew I had Lucky Charms in my Back Pack and He knows they are more magically delicious than Fruit Loops. So I threw a rock at him. For the black magic, I saw two men standing over a burning shirt, one wearing all white, shoes, pants, shirt, tie, it was all white, and the other was wearing a paisley shirt down to his knees with paisley pants also- he was smoking a pipe. All of a sudden the shirt they were burning exploded and they simply walked away without saying anything. I asked Elder Barros what was going on and he simply just said "Black Magic". I was confused so I just threw a rock at them too.
      Alright, that’s all for now. I love you and miss you all!
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment