Saturday, September 21, 2013

Who let the dogs out...


Hello Family and Friends,

You wanted to know how my health was? Well besides eating a bunch of beans and rice every day for lunches (one thing that I wont miss too much), I have been really trying to get in shape. Its hard to trim off the fat when you are almost force fed until the point of exploding every day, but I'm getting slow results. Today me and my companion ran 8 miles in 1 hour and 10 minutes (a few second under ten) but it felt good. We didn't run it too fast, but we also didn't walk once, so slowly but surely I'm getting ready for this Iron-man. 

Dad, remember our goal that we made years ago? When I get back do you wanna hike Mount Rainier together? That would be awesome. We could do a guys trip. Shawn, Jason, Dan, and Keaton. 

Christmas is just around the corner! Woo hoo!! Remember my Christmas wish list? hehehehe. But seriously, if all goes according to plan, this might be my last normal Christmas at home. Its gotta be a good one right? Mmmmm Buffalo Wings under the Christmas tree this year. 

So I just saved 250 bucks by finding a different place to live during my stay at BYU-I, the location is better, and the place is way nicer with a lot more benefits. John said I can get it for 850 dollars for the semester instead of 1150. It’s a bummer that it will be farther away from Bryan and Melissa, but it’s only about a 5 minute bike ride away.

Wow this letter is really trunky, I’m sorry. I’m not like this during the week. The whole week we have been doing divisions with other missionaries, and we conducted a surprise zone meeting this week for the last zone I was in before coming here. Its been suffering a little bit this month. First Aid!! Every day was just extremely busy, but way full of blessings. 

Have you gotten my package yet?

Still haven’t gotten the package yet, but I think the postal service is on strike again.... Darn wages that are extremely too low.

Who delivers the mail to all the missionaries? Do you sort through it and give it to the Zone leaders to deliver?

The normal mail man delivers the letters to this office, then the secretaries divide it per zone. Then when the zone leaders come they get the mail for their zone. 

Are there a lot of missionaries coming in with new Visas?

Yes, I think before the new year there is an estimated 40 new missionaries getting here.


Well, I love and miss you guys, The Ducks are awesome, can’t wait to see them in action again kick some trash.


Elder Smidt X



No comments:

Post a Comment