Saturday, September 28, 2013

Call Me Ronaldinho...


So this morning we went and played soccer and I really surprised myself. Nothing but goals, and some misses. Pretty good! Better than before which was nothing but misses.

This week we had some cool experiences doing divisions. We also were able to baptize AndrĂ©a, an investigator that has been going to church for about two years now, but just now decided to be baptized. She is 23 but looks like she is 12, but that's OK. She's really cool. 

We have a bunch of missionaries coming in soon that we need to organize here and find new houses for. Looks like we will be finding a new house for us too. We found a really cool one.

I was reflecting on how I have changed during the mission. I really don't think my personality has changed, but I feel that my ways of thinking are a lot different now. I feel a lot more dedicated and smart with my choices. I didn't really think about much other than myself before the mission, but that has all changed a lot. I have really learned that when I want something done, I have to see it through until the end. I don't just settle for things of the moment. I really try to see the big picture of things. When I think about what has brought me to this point, it didn't just happen from one thing to the next. It all started when I was called to be Senior companion for the first time on my mission with only 4 months in the field. I didn't know anything yet and I was terrified! But my district leader said something that really changed my mode of thought. He told me in English, "Just do your best and the Lord will do the rest." From then on I started just doing my best without giving up, trusting that the Lord would do the rest. I probably had heard that phrase before, but I had never really applied it to me personally until then. Having that go through my mind often really had an impact on me. I realize I still have a lot of faults that I hope to improve on, but now I have faith in knowing that I can overcome these things as long as I just do my best. 

I wish so badly that I could celebrate this birthday with you Mom. But we both understand that this is where I need to be. Not a day goes by though that I don’t think about you.

“All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my Angel Mother” – Abraham Lincoln

I love you and miss you as big as the beach! Happy Birthday!!

I love and miss you all!

God Speed
Elder Smidt X


No comments:

Post a Comment