Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Elder Smidt's first letter home...


21-12-2011

Dear Family and Friends,

I miss you so much! I only have 25 minutes to write my email so I will try to fit in as many details as I can. It has been a hectic week here at the C.T.M. (what they call the M.T.C.) in Brazil. There are beautiful plants everywhere on the property of the C.T.M. I will take pictures to show you guys. I really do love it here. Before I talk about that though, i want to talk about everything since i got here. the plane ride was long but surprising comfortable, luckily i was able to sleep for most of it. (im sorry for not capitalizing my i´s, the shift button is totally off on these keyboards, so im done trying to do proper capitalizations) but we made it to brazil with no problems. when i stepped out of the airport, i was just slammed with a wall of heat and humidity. i couldn’t breathe without gurgling water, but i am almost used to it now. everything is so different here, the cars, the way people drive, everyones mannerisms; but i love it. i know i already said this in my letter back home, but i want to say it again to all the people who are reading this. I get to exercise and study in paradise, i study next to beautiful flowers and ivory walls, and i run under large palm trees. the brazilian students are so nice here, i absolutely love them. they don’t have to learn english at all for their missions, but they try their hardest just so that they can talk to us. they have taught me though three ways to say gay in portuguese, and my absolute favorite one is "Justin Bieber" im being serious; their direct translation for gay is "Justin Beiber" so when they are walking down the halls calling each other Justin Bieber and laughing it is so funny. But they are extremely nice. MOM, THEY HAVE PASSION FRUIT JUICE HERE AT THE C.T.M.! and guanara. its all good stuff here, not as good as provo C.T.M., because its kinda bland food and a lot of rice and beans but its good. I have felt the spirit so much here it’s almost too weird, but it’s so nice. im sorry if this letter makes no sense, i'm just trying to put down all the details my mom asked for, and random ones keep popping into my head. i was made district leader over our district of 10 Elders and one Sister. But i am struggling a little bit with the language thing, so if you wouldn’t mind praying that i may have the gift of tongues, i would really appreciate it. alright, time is almost up so i will have to cut this one short, but i just want to say that even though i have felt the spirit so much here and have made some great friends and doing great, there is just one thing missing that would make this perfect, and it’s my family. with that being said though, I am SO grateful that we are able to be sealed for all time and eternity, because Heaven would not be heaven to me, if my family wasn't with me. I love and miss you guys so much.

Love,

Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment