Monday, September 10, 2012

Bowl of Chocolate pudding...




Well hello everybody!!

So I got transferred, but I’m loving my new area. I’m still in the zone, in the same district, even the same house. But we just changed boundaries. It would be like switching from Star 1st to Star 2nd ward. But I’m loving the new ward. We had a baptism this last Sunday and we plan on baptizing his whole family this next Sunday. It will be way sweet. 

I really don’t know what to write this week other than explain my pictures. Me and my companion found a cool lookout point in our new area and it is really beautiful. I took that opportunity to train and become the strongest fighter in Montes Claros, maybe the world. Also there is a photo of me and my comp in a DVD store. All dvd stores here are pirated movies. One photo is from my last night in my last area. I took a photo with a bunch of people that I got close to. I sent one photo of me with a group of kids that practically worshipped me. Every time I showed up at the house all the kids just started yelling "SMITCH!!!" I still haven’t grown up yet, that’s why the kids love me. But about my baptism, the other elders left me a possible investigator to be baptized. He had gone to the church once before which is a requirement to be baptized, but he was really doubtful about being baptized. The other Elders told me that he was really lazy and probably wouldn’t be baptized. Me and my companion decided that we would teach the whole family again, because there seemed to be a lot of unanswered questions with them. We taught them the first lesson again, and it was honestly the best that I have ever taught the first lesson before. After the lesson we made the invite to be baptized again for everyone in the family and they all said that they would, they all accepted firmly. From that point on, our investigator was on fire about the baptism, we got him baptized, and we will baptize the whole family (I hope) this next Sunday. We'll see, people here in Brazil are so off and on, it’s impossible to predict what will happen with them.

Dad, I trust you in your infinite wisdom about bikes to make that right decision for me. It’s impossible for me to really be able to make a firm decision without being able to see or try the bikes out myself, so I will just follow your sweet guidance. Let me just say a few things to help you in your quest to pick out the right bike for me. If you go the 29-er route its got to be a good racing bike, not just a big clunky mountain bike, and it’s got to involve green, a brighter green is more preferable. As for the rest, I trust you completely to make the right choices for me. I think 29-ers would be the best route as well because certainly I want to mountain bike after the mission.... every day! But I just don’t want a heavy mountain bike to race with and use for the ride across America. You know what to do. You are like Yoda, except you aren’t small, green... all in all, you're nothing like yoda, but still, you are wise about bikes.

I finally got a letter from my man Elder VanWagenen, which made my month! I thought that he had forgotten about me. Man I miss that guy. Also a letter from Jocelynn was way sweet. Thank you for all of the letters. I’m glad to hear that Bret got a job! Also, thank you Coley and Russ for the letters. 

I love you all!

God Speed!
Elder Smidt X






No comments:

Post a Comment