Monday, November 19, 2012

Put another shrimp on the Barbie!!


Family and Friends,

Got some good smelly news and some stinky diaper news. My camera is on the fritz; every time I take a flash photo on the camera it lets off a good amount of smoke. Its kinda cool because it reminds me of one of the olden day cameras, but at the same time I know that it is not a good sign. Today the camera deleted all of the photos on my flash drive. It said "memory card error" but I know that it’s not the cards fault because it did the same thing with my last card. So I’m thinking maybe I can get a new camera, what do you guys think? Or I can just take the pictures from my companion’s camera every p-day until the end of my mission. That’s what Elder Pezzi did. I don’t know. But I have to explain some other rotten news. The bank error (stolen money) falls on us. When they ask the missionaries to bring a credit card for emergencies, it’s for issues like that. Also, I went to a real authorized foot doctor today because my foot started getting worse. The bad thing is, I have to pay for it. It’s not covered under our missionary plan. I could go to the hospital to have surgery done but that would put me out of work for a while and the president didn’t want that. I have to go back in two days... I took some cool photos of the lady using power tools on my feet like Dumb and Dumber, then I asked to take a picture with her afterwards so I gave the camera a big smile with the doctor. She thought it was pretty funny, but then the photos got deleted soon after that. I also took some photos on the bus ride, opening up my huge amount of letters that I got since we were in B.H. We picked them up, I had a cheesy smile while opening up the wonderful Halloween poster the Howard kids made for me. I loved it, but it also got deleted. Brianna Ball, I freakin love you! Thank you so much for the letter! It was so awesome to read. I have the coolest cousins, na verdade, I have the coolest family. But anyways, thank you so much. I will write you a more detailed letter.

Coley! I miss your homemade chicken noodle soup. That letter just made me hungARRRY. Don’t worry about a Christmas Gift! Really, there is nothing that I can really do with gifts on the mission. How is Romney the dog? Only have heard one sentence about him since I left home. I’m glad that the girls got to go to Les Mis. Sad I missed Russ' 1st B-day.

Tiff, thank you so much for the wonderful details on Halloween. We had one trick-or-treater come to our apartment and we didn’t have anything so Elder Cox just gave them a piece of gum. It was kinda funny. They don’t do trick-or-treating here, but just in our apartment they were doing it. Halloween doesn’t even exist here, so I guess I just got lucky to see some trick-or-treaters.

Dad, that is awesome that you got to go camping with KJ. I really miss those days. Too bad you weren’t able to make it to our real spot, I love that place.

Congrats Heidi!!!! I am so happy that things are working out! Your new baby is so cute (I mean that in the most manly, grizzly, big bearded, lumber jack way)!

I think you mis-understood me mom. Christmas will only stink in a way that I will be away from the family. I do not regret being here instead. I do not regret giving service rather than getting presents of Cheeseburgers under the Christmas tree (even though that tradition will still continue here) and I most certainly look forward to celebrating Christmas how our Lord would celebrate it. I was just saying that I will sure miss you guys and that is the part that will stink.

We have made a lot of progress this week, talked a lot, and will continue to progress a lot. I don’t have a lot of time, but I love and miss you all!!!

P.S. This week I will have Thanksgiving dinner with a Brazilian that studied at BYU for 8 years, so he knows what’s up. Other than that, Brazil has never even heard of Thanksgiving.

God Speed-
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment