Monday, November 26, 2012

Last Week Of This Transfer...


Dear Family,

I’m sorry that I forgot to mention Brittany in my last emails. I also got some great letters from you too Sis!!! Thank you so much for the updates. I can’t believe that after my mission I will have 10 nieces and nephews? Is that right? freak...

By the way mom, because I had my toe worked on, it doesn’t mean that I got two days off. I still worked like any other day, I just had a couple hours taken out of my day for the actual doctor’s appointment. My companion was able to take some pics this time, HEHE. We also took a picture of some of the usual R.O.U.S.'s here. That’s right, remember the rodents of unusual size from the movie "Princess Bride"? Well they actually do exist here. These things are literally giant rats. There is a tree on the left hand side, that is about 15 feet tall. These things actually freak me out, but I heard that they aren’t vicious like normal R.O.U.S.'s. They are actually scared of people, but I have heard that their meat is really good. I couldn’t get a clear shot because it was so far away, but I will definitely try to get a clearer shot for the future.

Mom- to answer your questions…
So, as for my area, it is a lot nicer than my previous areas. Also a lot more expensive. I have to do a lot more walking, or in my situation right now, a lot more bus rides because of my toes. Mooooney, money, money, money, I just can’t keep doing this Bob! Good thing is, I turned in my receipt to the mission office, and they paid me back in full for the appointment; not for the bus rides or anything, but yeah, I got my 85 reais back, (probably like 42 dollars). I have one other companionship that lives with me in our house as well. They are kinda funny, sometimes annoying, but I love them. At first it was a little hard to get the Senior Elders respect, but after he realized I was just trying to help, not burn him or anything, he trusts me with everything.

Christmas packages--well, Sister Fortunato wants Me and Elder Cox to put all of our stuff back into our boxes and give them back to her because she wants to hand out all the packages to the missionaries. Its not that bad because I was going to wait anyways to open the boxes until Christmas but that didn’t stop me from eating the powdered donuts. Freak! With every bite I was a nervous wreck, I was crying into my pillow while eating them knowing that it would be the last time I would ever eat Hostess. My eyes glisten with tears as we speak. I also was in need of buying a new pen right when I felt a little present that was obviously a pen, so I also opened up just that present, not any other ones. But I am suuuuuuuuper sad because I lost it the next day. I have NEVER lost a pen on the mission and I just happened to lose my coolest one! I actually was really sad about that. Do you think I could somehow get another one? It was perfect.

Happy late birthday DAN!!! I hope all that time away in Colorado didn’t do more damage to your little closet problem. I know it’s not really possible for you to get worse in the condition that you are in, but hey, we all gotta hope for the best, right?

I’m fine here. Nothing new has been happening, or anything all too exciting other than that I was promoted up to the Jedi Council last Thursday, but that’s about it.

God Speed!
Elder Smidt X






No comments:

Post a Comment