Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm a little concerned for your salvation and stuff...


5-11-12

Family and Friends far and wide,

This week has been excellent. Let me tell you why. We have been teaching a family this past week who have been progressing so much that I have literally seen miracles with Erika, Andre, and their two kids, Artur, and Mariana. We found them a few weeks ago and after the second visit they were all reading the Book of Mormon as a family. When we first got there, the couple was arguing a lot and planning on a divorce. The mom had a lifelong addiction to cigarettes and the dad had a drinking problem. Since they have received a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true, they haven't argued once. Since we taught them the word of wisdom, the mom hasn't let another cigarette touch her lips nor has the dad even touched a beer bottle. The whole family gave up drinking coffee that next day, and they all drank a lot of coffee. They only waited on the baptism because the mom still wasn't sure if she wanted to unite herself to this church yet. As my companion and I kept praying for miracles, we saw yet another when the next day we passed by their house. For the first time it was the mom that wanted the baptism most. She said she woke up at 5 o'clock for reasons unknown and just decided to say a pray concerning baptism. She said that as she was praying, she felt an indescribable feeling, a feeling of warmth and love and comfort, and an impression on her mind that baptism is exactly what she needed. We have it scheduled for tomorrow and it will be my first "family" baptism. I have baptized families in the past, but it never worked out on the same day. There was always somebody with doubts. I'm pretty stoked.

This week my ingrown toe nail just became unbearable, so I finally decided that I would do something about it. But I wasn't ready to just go spend a bunch of money to get it removed. So I went down the free route, and had it removed- "Not pain free". I really would have liked some numbing stuff for my toe because as the crazy lady (ex-investigator) with her knife and giant tooth picks was going to town on my toe, tearing out chunks of infected skin and nail and chopping it all up, I was only left with a red tarp to bite on to endure it. Wasn't too fun. But at least the infection, smell, and pain is somewhat gone. I included some (not all) photos of the surgery, walking in flip flops, and biting the red thing. I also included a photo of us just being cool with our shades and of us walking in the wilderness. This week we were talking in another church and told them whats up. SEM MOLEZA. Maybe next week if I have more time I will tell more about my experience there.

Thank you so much for the email Nana and Pops. That's awesome that you were able to make a visit to the good Ole Star before it got too cold. I hope you guys have an awesome trip.

Please send me Craig's address. I have a letter for him, but I lost his address. Does he have a mission office address? I would like to just have one address to send stuff to rather than changing it.

Also, I would REALLY like to have this little puzzle that I saw about the plan of salvation. There is a website called LDSpuzzles.com I think that sells the puzzles in every language. The one I saw was pretty small which would be convenient. But if its pricey, don't worry about it. Its not going to hurt not having it.

Well, Happy Birthday Jayden!!!! Sorry I missed it!

I love you and miss you all!

God Speed
Elder Smidt X






No comments:

Post a Comment