Monday, December 17, 2012

Don't you want a little taste of the glory?


17-12-2012

Oh Mylanta!! This week has been nuts! But before I explain, let me resolve all of the questions and doubts.

First off, Coley and Jason will not have a boy, nor a girl. It will be a man just in a babies form, but he will be advanced with a full grown handlebar mustache, already wearing a Harley Davidson leather vest.

As for the Christmas call- Mom and Dad, you guys need to call me at this number: 37-3774-5048, and I’m pretty sure you need to put a 55 in front of the whole number for it to reach Brazil from the States. You will need to call me at 4 o'clock my time. The call can only be 40 minutes. My companion will be talking from 3 o´clock until 3:40. Next p-day will not be on Monday, it will be on Christmas day. I hope that I will also get to email you guys along with the call, but that is if we can find an internet cafĂ© open.

Nice warm, balmy climate? Not quite mom, but nice try. I would take snow any day over this. But its all good.

This week there will be no pics because I forgot my camera, but my camera that I got is really nice. At least I think it is. The lady gave me a 150 reais discount which is like 75 dollars. It is a Sony, with Carl Zeiss lenses and a large LCD screen and 14.4 mega pixels. It seems really nice. Black and sleek. Has a lot of really cool features too.

Mom, I don’t really like to talk too much about the number of Baptisms I’ve had because in some areas its a lot and for other missions it is close to none. So I know that by saying my numbers I will either look like a rookie or I will look like I’m boasting. But thankfully with the Lords help, I have brought 24 people now unto the waters.

Well, let me explain why this week has been so crazy! First of all, Elder T Santos and I were able to bring 9 people to the Sacrament meeting this last week and we had 4 baptisms planned for this upcoming Sunday. Would be sweet, right? 4 baptisms right before Christmas? Yeah, I was excited, but then yesterday, I received a call from the President asking how the work was going here. I told him that Elder Santos and I were really starting to pick things up, and that my companion was finally adjusting to the mission. But the whole time I was talking to him I was nervous, because the President only makes personal calls for "big deal" things; usually it’s bad news. If it’s ever normal news, the Zone leaders call us to tell us something. Anyways, the president congratulated me on my work and then told me that he felt I needed to be called as Zone Leader. I accepted my calling humbly and almost didn’t sleep at all last night. I was up till 11:30 pm packing my stuff, and I left to catch a bus this morning heading to Belo Horizonte at 5 am. My new companion is Elder Cansino and we are both the Zone Leader's here for 28 missionaries. Everyone has been telling me that its really rare to be called to Zone  Leader with only one year on the mission. All of the District Leaders here have more time than me on the mission. There are over 150 missionaries on the mission and 16 zone leaders, or 8 companionships. I do not say this to brag at all, rather I say all this to let you know how unprepared and inadequate I feel, and how much I am in need of your prayers.... right now....

My new area is Sete Lagoas (seven lakes) and is sooo beautiful. There are palm trees everywhere and a lot of lakes. There are 7 big lakes, but also a lot of small lakes or big ponds everywhere. But it is surprisingly not too humid. I think that I am going to like it here. 

I have to go, but I love you all and miss you a ton.
I love you guys a bunch!! Until next week!!!
God Speed,
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment