Monday, December 3, 2012

New Companion...


3-12-2012

Family,

Why is Griffin such an idiot? He doesn’t even ever eat the Twinkies, he just hides them from me until it’s too late. By the way, I got the Baum’s package this week and I ate the air heads and the pop rocks, but I am waiting to open the other things. Can’t wait. My companion thought that the pop rocks were very interesting. He had never seen or heard of pop rocks before. Like I said, having pop rocks here in Brazil is about as cool as the cats pajamas.

Happy Birthday Bret! I hope you have a wonderful day and that you send me a piece of cake... I wish I could say I’m just kidding, but that would be lying.

I freakin almost DIED when you were talking about how you smoked a turkey this year, and then when you were talking about ribs, that did it for me. GAME OVER!

From what I’ve seen on cameras here, (I have only looked at one store) it would be 250 US dollars. I’m sure I could find one cheaper though, maybe not. Let me know ASAP.

Yes, I got a new companion, my first Brazilian companion that is taller than me. His name is Elder T. Santos. Fresh!!! Greenie! I’m training this young scally-wag to be an awesome missionary. He is really nice, eager about the work, and funny, just has a lot to learn. We are still in the same area and I feel I could be staying here for a while.

Saturday, I got hit with a high fever of 102.8 degrees. I wasn’t feeling a little bit in the dumps, I felt like the dumps where shoved into my head. Luckily it was only in the head, no vomiting or anything. That morning when the alarm clock went off for the other Elders in our house (I had been lying in bed awake waiting for them because I couldn’t sleep) I immediately asked for a blessing. I was given one but Sister Fortunato wanted me to go to the hospital in Belo Horizonte, so we went there, but by the time we arrived my fever was almost completely gone. That doesn’t happen people. That was priesthood power in action! I just hope that the president didn’t think I was just trying to get out of work. 

Nossa, only eleven more days until I hit my half way mark. Its crazy to think about.

Dad, your letter also just about killed me off, all this stuff is sounding so exciting, its like playing candy land.... don’t know where I was going with that one, but let’s just say that it is one sweet, sweet ride my friend.

I can’t wait to hear your guys voices here in a few weeks!

Love you all!

God speed

(Pics: Thanks giving meal! me playing with some neighborhood dogs that follow us around EVERYWHERE)
Elder Smidt X





No comments:

Post a Comment