Monday, January 21, 2013

We represent, the lolly-pop guild!!


Well hello!!

Happy Birthday Nana Smidt!!! I love you as big as the beach!!!!

This week we had a really neat baptism of a 63 year old lady, but her health made Nana and Pops Smidt look like young rascals! One day while knocking on doors, on the other side of the street we saw an old lady step out of her little house to look around. Me and my companion looked at her, then just kind of looked at each other and both of us had the same strong impression that we needed to go over and talk to her, so my companion just said, let’s baptize her. So we went over to visit with her and started talking to her, and said right then and there, "We are representatives of Jesus Christ and we have an awesome message for you about how Jesus organized His Church on the earth, and how it was returned to earth after it was destroyed by the rejection of our Savior.... Would you like to be baptized in His church?" That’s the first time I have ever asked someone to be baptized in the door way, and she accepted. Unfortunately, her whole family was wary of "The Mormons!  The problem we had was that she didn’t know how to read and she easily forgot about some things the next day, so we couldn’t leave an assignment for her to read part of the book of Mormon, and we were scared that if we asked her to pray later that night if this was the true church, that she would forget. So we each got on our knees right then and every one of us said a separate prayer, taking turns, asking Heavenly Father to show this sister if this was the true church. Afterwards, she said, “For sure I am being baptized this Sunday”. Later her sons tried to tell her that she couldn’t be baptized in another church, but she simply just told them, "God has spoken to me and has touched my heart. I cannot deny that."

So that was my cool experience for this week. And it really was cool but you had to be there….

As for the coming of you guys to here, Brazil. The president said that you guys could come to pick me up. He said that he wants to eat lunch with you guys too and he also said that if President Firmage wanted to, he could release me over the telephone. Other missionaries have done that. The only thing I’m thinking about now is, I won’t have that grand reunion that other missionaries have at the airport. That is the victory that all the missionaries look forward to. But yeah, just think about what you guys would like to do and if you think I should be released or not in the field if you decide to come pick me up.

Mom- you should send an email to Sister Fortunato and the family as well, thanking her for all that she does for me. She has helped so much.
I love you all!!

God Speed
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment