Monday, January 28, 2013

For the last time, I really don’t care if Jimmy is Crackin' corn


Family!!

This week we will be having a Zone Conference with the Big Prez of the Mish! It will be a good one! This last Saturday we were able to baptize a city slicker. His whole family are members, but his parents are separated. He went to live with his mom at the age of 5, and his mom completely fell of the face of the earth, lost contact and stopped going to church completely. Somehow the dad found the address and just went to Bahia to pick him up, came back, Wagner (his name is said like "Vagner") went to church a few times, and then we baptized him this Saturday. It was really neat. He is 15 years old, but looks like he is 9 because he has been malnutritioned his whole life.

My companion cried for his first time in his mission last night. He found out that one of his first baptisms here on the mission (which was a whole family that he really got close to) they started going to a different church, and it was really sad to see the loss that he felt. He acted so calm over the phone when the other missionaries told him, but then immediately after the phone call he went in to the other room and started to just let it all out. I felt really bad for him, but it helped me to understand the love that we should feel for every one of our brothers and sisters. I can’t even imagine how our Heavenly Father would feel if we feel that much pain for our loved ones. He’s a good guy, so I sang him a little song that starts like this, "Hey there Elder, I see you lookin' down, don't wanna see my little buddy down with a frown.." and so on. But yea, it was actually pretty sad.

Anyways, don’t have much else to write. I love and miss you all! I support your decisions about the coming to get me. Don’t worry about all that other stuff, it was just an idea that my president gave to me.

Here is a video from Christmas!
Elder Smidt X


No comments:

Post a Comment