Monday, January 7, 2013

Can you feel the love tonight...


Family!

So here are the photos that I couldn’t send last week!

There are a lot of really cool places to go to here in "7 Lagoas" (you have to say seven like "sechy"). I’m thinking that when you guys come here, we can definitely do some fun things here. In fact, this is the only place that I know of in the state of Minas Gerais that has cool things. But yeah, this area is also the richest area that I’ve lived in so far. Some of the richest Brazilians end up living here. We live in an apartment, and when I got here it was completely filthy. So I went to the store and bought three gallons of Bleach, 8 sponges, flint, and went to work! It’s still a disaster, but at least I don’t think of the job I had with Lance Snyder every time I walk in the door anymore.

This upcoming Sunday we are looking to have three baptisms. Our Zone has been doing a lot better since I got here, (I’m not saying it’s because of me, I’m just saying that its been getting better since my arrival). Last month, our whole entire zone baptized 9 people for the WHOLE month. This month, we already have 5 baptisms, and three more Sundays to find people.

Mom, to answer your questions: I don’t live with any other Elders, I can only write letters on P-Day, and I have never been to a Temple while in the field. We do not have a temple within the mission area. Stinky.

I am starting to learn Spanish with my companion because he is from Chile. I can actually understand almost everything because it looks A LOT like Portuguese, it’s just that the pronunciation is a lot harder. But I’m hoping to be Tri-lingual by the end of my mission.

At our Chapel, there is a soccer court and a basketball court, so today I went and played soccer, (not really, because we are not allowed), but I practiced juggling the soccer ball, and I practiced shooting. I had some one on one training from a Brazilian from another Companionship who is really good. I actually learned a lot.

Then we played Porco or Pig, and I felt really rusty shooting a Basketball.

I hope you’re all having a wonderful winter. The  weather here is hotter than my other areas, but what can ya do, right? Love you!

God Speed
Elder Smidt X











No comments:

Post a Comment