Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Practicing with Elder Cruz from the Seventy




First off, thank you sooo very much for your prayers. I really felt a difference this week. Bad news is nobody was baptized because nobody was married. Here in Brazil the biggest issue is people living together without EVER marrying. But things are starting to change here. Thankyou.

Thank you for the St Patrick’s package!! I loved every bit, especially those nacho cheese and jalapeƱo snacks. Also, thank you Heidi, Bret, Jayden, and Spencer for your letters. I love to hear from you guys! Jayden, you're turning into such a stud!

I’m sorry for not responding earlier or emailing Monday. I was in Belo Horizonte having a Zone Leaders Counsel with the president, and we were there learning from Elder Cruz, a powerful man from the Seventy. It was such a cool experience to be in the same room as him with only 18 other missionaries there. It was very personal between him and us, and its always cool to be able to learn from the President. Elder Cruz decided to do a practice (role-play) in a situation where he was an investigator and he was ready to be baptized but at the last minute he had doubts about the baptism; and we had to resolve it. Then he chose me and my companion to be the missionaries. I felt so nervous, trying to convince an Elder from the Seventy to be baptized while everybody was looking at us! Let’s just say my hands were pretty sweaty. But it was very beneficial and I learned a lot. 

This week I have been really trying hard to do EVERYTHING right, obeying EVERY rule to the dot. And even doing all the "Should" things as well. Every time “Preach my Gospel” says "Should" I have been trying to imply it as a rule as well, and I am definitely seeing a change in the work and feeling the spirit more.

I have some birthday ideas if you will send a package soon. I would really like to have my lacrosse head, "The G-force" because it is already trashed so if I lose it or break it, it won’t be a loss. Actually I think it’s already broken a little bit, but I am going insane from not cradling a lacrosse ball. Also a lacrosse ball would be needed :) And I would like to have my 20 questions game if it’s still in my room, or if it works still, that little orange ball. Or if it’s not too much, I think there are newer ones that are a lot better. The one I have is the first version, so it doesn’t know a lot of things. It would be cool to have a newer one. That’s it for birthday ideas if you’re still thinking of what to send.

You all better be reading the Book of Mormon!!! I will be ticked to come home and see that nobody took up my inviteJ I’m doing it as well!

Love you and miss you all!


Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment