Monday, March 11, 2013

Uma outra vida...


11-3-13

For a long time now I have become accustomed to the missionary life, but I never thought that it would be hard to snap back into the normal life. Just this Sunday in sacrament meeting, a returned missionary gave a talk and he had just gotten back a few days earlier from his mission. He seemed a little out of place, like he wasn’t sure what to do. For the first time I felt like I didn’t know what I was going to do either.  I realized that I had passed the point of just being accustomed to the missionary life. I have become a part of the missionary life. I feel like it’s who I am now. Teaching has become as normal as riding a bike. It’s actually kinda freaking me out. I realize that I am here to grow. And I am trying to see my stumbling blocks as stepping stones. Our zone is doing better, but me and my companion have not found a baptism yet. But I am planting seeds :) Thanks Nana!

So we finally got a refrigerator after 3 months! I won’t need to buy food every day! Now I can buy a larger quantity and store it in the refrigerator. (The ants in Brazil are so intense you can’t leave food sitting out for thirty minutes or they'll find it.) So anyways, I bought milk and I finally enjoyed my Lucky Charms! It was sooooooo good, so so good. Thank you so much. I also bought mayonnaise and made that ranch dressing; also such a good idea to send me that. Both ideas were perfect package ideas. I like receiving packages of dry ingredients to make things where you only need to add milk, butter, or eggs. It’s way nice and easy.

This Friday I will have an interview with the president. I always love my interviews with him because they are literally inspired and help me in the work so much.

Hope all is well. Thanks dad for the email, I really miss those days in the priest quorum. I can’t wait to reunite with all my old YM leaders. Tell Uncle Mike thank you for the letter. Today I will get my writing done and send out my letters. Love you all!

God Speed
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment