Monday, April 15, 2013

Almost Arrested...


First of all, 

Thank you Brittany for all of your packages. I don't know if you have sent a box, if so I have not gotten it. Most of the packages I get are pictures of Lucy and Piper, but I am so very grateful for those, I LOVE to see them! Sorry for not mentioning those more in my other emails, but I hope that you know that I do love them and I love you too, and you too Shawn. Thanks for the letters!

I was soo happy to hear about Brianna’s mission call. I am so happy to know that I will have a cousin that speaks Portuguese. I was scared I would lose it because I wouldn't have anyone to speak it with. It’s the coolest news I've gotten. My companion said that it is hot there, and humid, but it is very beautiful. But tell her to bring a lot of sunscreen. And tell her that there is a lot of witch-craft. I thought there was a lot here, but my companion said that there is more where she will be going.

So today I wasted my whole P-Day going to the Police station in Belo Horizonte, to renew my "something" that had to do with my "being able to live in Brazil" thing. But then they started getting all mad at me and telling me I was in the area illegally and it turned into a big ol' mess. Apparently when my group of 12 Americans arrived here in Belo Horizonte, they forgot to have each and every one of us sign something, saying that we were changing living locations from São Paulo to where I'm at now. So all of us Americans were held there for a good time, wondering if we would be going home or not. So then I just lifted my hand to the square and commanded the whole building to crumble, and then me with all my American buddies walked out of there scotch free. Just kidding, they actually finally let us go with each one of us getting two tickets that went on each and every one of our permanent records. I have big ol' ugly stamps now in my passport, and I probably won’t be able to come back to Brazil. This happened to all of the Americans in my group today. Oh well, the good thing was that I got to see all my good old friends from the MTC, that was really cool!

So I think that I will probably be transferred at the end of this month. I feel like my time is coming to an end. And usually when I get a hunch about transfers it almost always happens, must be revelation. I think I might be a prophet, but whateves. I will actually be kind of glad to leave here. Last Sunday I think we had twenty people in our ward. Its been tough here. But I'm working hard.

Well, I love and miss you all! Sorry I don’t have time to write more.
Can’t wait until Mother’s day!

God Speed
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment