Monday, April 8, 2013

You want my wallet?



Family,

Well first of all, thank you Bryan for the letter. Its always awesome to get a letter from my personal trainer. I studied that letter day and night, and it stays under my pillow. Looks like we are off to Chile then!

Thank you so much for the letter Piper. I’m glad that when good things happen to your mommy, it makes you happy:) Mom and Dad, I always love your letters. Thank you nana and pops Smidt for the Easter Card. I love hearing what is going on in the Smidt Clan. And Tiff, thank you so much for the package. I loved those Swedish fish beans, they were sooo good!!! And I play with the nerf ball every day, it’s the only toy I have:)

Mom, here are some boy ideas for when Jayden and Spencer come: Movie theater, pizza night (everybody makes their own little personalized pizza, its fun), make flubber like we used to do at Nana Smidt's house, go to Fast Lanes, find some kind of Groupon or something. That would be something to remember. Let them make a fort like we also used to do at Nana Smidt's house everytime we slept over there.

So this week I was robbed for the first time by some little punk. Actually I wasn’t robbed, but my companion was robbed. The guy stopped us in a little dark road, it was late at night. He had something in his waist line under his shirt. I didn’t know if it was a gun or a gimmick, but just because of that doubt in my mind, I didn’t do a lot to stop him. He started searching my companion’s back-pack first in a violent manner, and my companion just sat there saying, "No! No!" like a little girl. I just sat there all dumbfounded thinking maybe it was a joke, still trying to register what was going on. And then he turned to me to search my pockets, but when he reached his arms towards me I just yelled,"No!" in a deep voice, and hit his arms away from me.  I think he might have gotten scared a little bit, because he didn’t persist at all with me. Then he went back to my companion and started searching for more things, and then left in a hurry! I was kinda angry. I wanted revenge. I look up to Elder VanWagenen, and I wish I could have had his same attitude when he thought that his thief was in more need of the things that were robbed than he was. But instead, my thoughts were those of Batman…I kept thinking in a deep course voice, "I want Justice".  And then I imagined myself punching him in the face with a sweet batman suit.

I liked General Conference a lot; so much of it was focused on missionary work and how the members are missionaries. I tell you what, we live for references from the members, and we love even more when the members want to teach with us, or when they do a family night and invite their non-member friends over to participate. We go over there, sing a hymn, say a prayer, share a little inspirational fun lesson, eat some kind of appetizer, and then ask if we can pass by another time to share a more in-depth message. I challenge you guys to do this one thing before I get homel; have a family night, plan with the missionaries a night to have them over, and invite a neighbor over to participate. It is the best thing! I get frustrated when members don’t help out the missionaries. Please do this, I definitely will be doing this when I get home!

Did anyone else notice that in the Sunday session a woman gave the opening prayer? I thought that was very interesting, I’ve never seen that before. I liked Elder Holland's talk the best in the second session Sunday. I usually always like his talks the best. He is such a good speaker!

Mom, yes there is contact solution here, but if you don’t want to send it, its fine, don’t worry about it. But I do want that Axe hair stuff since you’re asking. I hope all goes well for John in his first week at BYU-I.  
          
Love you and miss you all! Keep sending me pictures in the emails, I love them!


Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment