Monday, June 10, 2013

There is sunshine in my soul today, but it didn’t get there without burning me to a crisp


Family,

This week has been HOT! This is the winter time here in Brazil, but here in Minas Gerais (the state I’m in) its simply just hot all year 'round. But I got my new companion and he is really cool. His name is Elder Aguiar and he is from Curitiba. This is his last transfer. He will be staying a few weeks after his two years are up. This is why he stays out longer. With some new changes that happened at the MTC regarding how much time the missionaries will be staying there, and the new missions that are opening up, the transfer dates got all switched up. So now all the dates that we arrived on the mission are right smack dab in the middle of every transfer. So the Americans that cannot stay any later than the 2 years (because our Visas expire), they will come home three weeks earlier, and the Brazilians are staying 3 more weeks.... hehehe, suckers. But yeah, that’s why I’ll be going home a little earlier. 

So I'm also still in Sete Lagoas and I’m getting really restless, but at least the members here are awesome! I have a good relationship with all of them. Last week, we had a secret farewell for Elder Forsyth at the Chapel. (It was a surprise for him). It was cool, there were a lot of members there and good food, and everyone signed a Brazilian flag for him to take home. It was really neat actually. I just played it off like we had to run to the Chapel to talk to our ward mission leader real quick.

Tomorrow we will have our Zone Leader Council, but now the name has switched to Leadership Council because of the new leadership positions that some sisters have now, and they will be attending.

I don’t really have much more to write, but this week has been cool. I have seen how much more I can show my love for the people and be outgoing with them with my new companion. I have really felt a difference this week.

My son that I trained is in my zone now. He has only six months on the mission, and he has been called as Senior and Trainer, which is extremely rare with Pres. Fortunato because he likes to keep missionaries Junior until at least 10 months on the mission. But that made me feel so proud to see that he is doing so well on the mission.

I love you and miss you guys!!!
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment