Monday, June 24, 2013

Bunch of changes...


Hello Family and Friends,

This week has been interesting. This time my companion got DENGUE!! hehehe, So we didn’t really get to work that much, but something neat did happen! Ana Cristina is progressing a lot this week. She went to church and loved it. Henrique wanted to go but his wife was working. He will get baptized one day, even he said it, but he doesn’t like to go anywhere without his wife. But please continue praying for them, it’s helping a lot. While my companion was sick, there just happened to be another Elder that got Dengue at the same time, so he stayed in our house with my companion, and then I went with the other Elder to work in both of our areas to teach people. It was pretty cool. Then I did a different split with an Elder from São Paulo. He was baptized one year before he served a mission. The weird thing is that he is 28. It just goes to show how dedicated some people are. He changed his whole life around in one year, from breaking almost every commandment to being a representative of Jesus Christ. It is pretty cool.

I hope all goes well for Shawn and his new work that he will be picking up. I'll keep them in my prayers. I thought that they would be going to Shawn’s parents house? I'm losing my room to Lucy! Noooooo! Kooties!!!!
My iPod broke. Complete accident. My companion tripped and when he reached out his arm to grab something, he knocked the speakers that I have off the table with the iPod attached and when the speakers hit the ground, the iPod snapped off of it, breaking the insert chip inside. I was really sad, because you know how much I love my music. So I’ll just have to live off of others music for a while. At least it happened near the end of my mission instead of at the beginning.
I dont know if you saw the Fireside last night about missionary work, but if not, you NEED to see it as soon as possible. It was awesome. At one part one of the Apostles says, "Desire is not enough! You need to go do it!" Hard work is never done in vain, the Lord will bless. We just have to do our best and the Lord will do the rest.

Tell Nana Raine happy birthday. Please pass her this: "Nana, I love you more than a Saddled Chipmunk in a wheelbarrow!"

I forgot my camera, but I promise that next week I will be sending some pics.


Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment