Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2 more weeks at the MTC...


2-1-12

Dear Family and Friends,

      I hope everyone has had a good week. Thank you so much for the letters Nana, Tiff, Coley, Jocelynn, the Brunsons, Jason, Mom, and Dad. I am going to try to respond to what I have time for, but if I'm not able to respond to all of them, I'm really sorry. I promise, once I leave the MTC I’ll respond more, it’s just my last couple weeks here are pretty hectic. But I love you all, and that comic was hilarious! I can’t wait for the next issue Jason. That is awesome that Terik is going to Argentina. So awesome, but I was kind of hoping for his sake he would get called to the states. Being here I'm starting to see a lot of pros to serving in the states, but he will tear it up in Argentina! Mom, wait on the CDs, I'd rather you send them to my mission, than here. If you send them here and they arrive after I leave, they will just send them back to you.

      I sure have had a good week. I had the great opportunity to hear from two apostles. It was so cool. Before they talked, they wanted to shake everyone’s hand. My journal entry that night went as follows:

      "Today was freakin' amazing! So I got to listen to Elder Anderson and Elder Ballard talk to us missionaries and what they had to say really struck home. But before they spoke, they wanted to shake everyone’s hands. It was such a neat experience. It wasn't the feeling a giddy school girl gets when in the presence of Justin Bieber, it was totally different. When I shook the hands of these great men, I felt a feeling of peace and true happiness emanating from them. I couldn't help but absorb some of this goodness. It was so awesome, I just felt at peace. It’s too hard to explain through words, it can only be experienced..."

     I felt so lucky to be able to be a part of that.

     So I'm starting to get nervous. I'm down to my last two weeks here before I head out to the field. On our last week here, we go proselyting twice, and I'm kinda freaked out about that.

     So the other day my Branch President came up to me, talking about me, saying, "This is the worst district leader I ever had." So I said, "Well maybe it’s time I get a better duty!" so they made me A.P. for my last couple of weeks here. I've come to the conclusion that leadership positions here in the MTC are nothing compared to what is done in the field. But I will still serve and do what I can!

     One more thing, Dad, you should listen to the Brazil National Anthem. We sing it every Sunday. It’s very fast paced and has a happy beat to it, very different from our Anthem. Mom, if you ever see refills for my fancy scripture marker, I could use them. I'm blazin' through my scriptures here in the MTC and doing a lot of marking. Just something to think about. I love you all!!



Love,
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment