Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another One Bites The Dust...


22-2-12


Hello Everyone!

    Well, I officially finished my first week in the field, maybe the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I do just want to say thank-you to anyone that prayed for me. I have felt so much comfort this week during some of my trials, that I will be eternally grateful for. I’m definitely starting to see some changes in my language as well as my skin color. I now have proof that I have been wearing the watch that the Howards gave me :)

    I will definitely keep Jack and Olivia in my prayers. I’ve always known that praying is extremely important, but just this past week, I’ve really started to understand and appreciate the significance that the role of prayer can play in our lives. George B. Tullidge said, "Prayer is the key that unlocks every door of difficulty. But a key is not to be used only once a day, it is to be used every time we come to a locked door." For me this is a direct literal quote; every door I come to, I pray. I heard about some troubles back home, I will be sure to pray. 
    For those that care, yes I have a Brazilian companion; he is very nice and very helpful. He knows a little English which is very helpful. I have such a bad accent! I don’t think I will ever be like Troy Ball, but thank you for sending me that.

    The houses are interesting, small apartments in the states are considered large houses here. You don’t flush toilet paper; you throw it away in the toilet next to you. It is hot here during the days, but it gets cold at night (60-70 Degrees) Lots of lizards here, it’s fun. And as far as letters go, we see our zone leader once a week, and if he picked up mail from the mission office, GREAT! If not, we have to wait till the next week we see him to know if we got mail or not. I’m also not allowed to read letters on days other than P-day. Mom, I can’t receive mail at our house, I can only receive mail through the mission office, :( sorry, but you'll have to tell MissionTies that.


Alright, I love and miss you all!
Elder Smidt X


P.S. Thank you Elder Smidt IX!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment