Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wow...


Dear Family,

It has been a very hard past couple of days. So much is going on I feel like my head is going to explode. I arrived in Belo safely. I met my mission president and had an interview with him yesterday, then last night me and the rest of the missionaries that arrived in Belo spent the night at the assistants apartment. It was SUCH a culture shock. So different than anything I have ever experienced. This morning after little sleep we met our trainers and I think I am going to enjoy mine. The only problem is I don’t understand ANYTHING he says to me. I thought I knew enough Portuguese to carry on conversations, but I couldn’t have been more wrong, I feel so unprepared. Everyone talks so much faster here. My zone in Belo is Pampulho, we have a pretty nice house, (compared to other houses in Brazil) I hope it doesn’t take too long for me to start understanding and talking here, it makes me so nervous.

Don’t worry about the CDs mom. My mission president has a lot of very strict rules. One of them being we can only listen to the Tabernacle Choir. Another one is, we can’t play any sports, whatsoever. But I’m not worried about the rules, because I could use all the help from the spirit and that comes from obedience.

I’m sorry if this email sounds like a complaint, I just needed to share my thoughts with somebody. I will go forward with a good attitude. "We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude." -Thomas S. Monson.

I love and miss you all. Please, if it’s not too much of a hassle, pray for me. I apparently have a baptism this Sunday and I could use all the help possible to be able to teach the people here. Thank you so much!
Love,
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment