Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Re-Focusing




16-05-12

       First of all, I just want to say "thank you" for making me look like a baby in front of my companion this Mother’s Day. I wasn’t expecting to cry at all… I was expecting a happy conversation filled with laughter, but when I first heard everyone’s voice, something weird happened. My eyes just started leaking. Sorry if it was awkward at first, especially for Coley and Jason. I was just trying to control my emotions.

       I forgot to thank you all over the phone for the birthday wishes and gifts. Sorry! It took hours to stop thinking about that call and refocus, but late that night, while at an investigators house, I accidentally knocked over a glass of chocolate milk and the liquid just happened to fall right where my rear end was placed. Let’s just say my underwear looked like I had an accident; a really big one. This helped me forget the call a little better, but I am so grateful for that call. It was SO awesome to hear everyone’s voices. It was also awesome to talk in English. Man, I love that language.
      
       Thank you for all the birthday wishes. Thank you both Nana's and Pop's for the Birthday money this week. I had a great birthday. I got one new investigator and I got a new tie from a recent convert. I also got to listen to my birthday tape which may have been the best part of the day. I received a call from the President and his family and they all wished me a happy birthday and sang to me the "happy birthday" song in Portuguese. Then immediately afterwards the president shouted, "Ok Elder Smidt, who are you baptizing this Sunday!"... oops... Then later that night, Ademir, the member that lives on the same lot as us, made us ham sandwiches. I have a picture of him with me in my new "GALO" jersey I bought using my birthday money. (Attached to this email). Also I decided to include a picture of the face I give to people that decide to reject our message.

      By the way, that A.1. Jerky was soooo good, honestly probably the best beef jerky I’ve ever had, no joke. Thank you for sending that book to me. Next time you send a package, I have one more thing that I would like to have. More Cold-Fever multi-symptom medicine. I gave the rest to my companion who has been suffering this week with a cold and fever. I will try to add more pictures in the future, but honestly, I don’t get that many opportunities to take pictures. We can’t take pictures while proselyting, and nobody wants to see a picture of someone being taught a lesson, which is what we do all day and all week. Sorry :(

       Thank you again for the call and the good advice. I love my family so much! I am so glad for the awesome relationship that I have with each and every one of you. DONT CHANGE! Or if you do, only change for the better!

LOVE YOU!!!!
Elder Smidt X




No comments:

Post a Comment