Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Fathers Day!!!!!

13-06-2012

Dear Family!

This past week has been crazy! I have been transferred to "Paraíso" (Paradise). My new companion is Elder J. Almeida. He is from Curitiba and he seems really friendly, and I have been called as a Senior companion!! I am extremely nervous right now because I am not even fluent yet and now I am in charge of all the people in my area and my companion. This will be that part in my mission that will make me bald. It’s also weird because usually Americans on this mission aren't called as Seniors until they have at least 6 months in the field; I'm just arriving at 4. Anyways, I don't know the Area yet and neither does my companion. This should be an adventure. "Just give it your best and the Lord will do the rest."

Well, I got two packages yesterday! One from you guys and one from the Howard's. I loved every part of both packages. Right now I'm wearing the Tie that was given to me and I look GOOOOOD! Thank you for all the treats, foot powder, toys, and notes. As much as I love packages, I started to think that I would rather that the money be kept for yourselves. I really love the treats that I receive but it’s not worth it for you guys to spend all that money just to send me some candy. Or if you feel that you must share your generousity with me with presents, maybe you can put the money towards something for my Chest back home. For example, a real life Batman suit. If that's too much to ask for, a few Twinkies will suffice.

Also, thank you for the letters from Coley, Britt, Jayden, Spencer, Bradley and you guys (Mom and Dad). I loved hearing from every one of you! Now that I am relatively close to a post office I will try to send more letters by mail. Also, I won’t be able to send more pictures home until I resolve this problem that I have with the camera. 

Mom, could you do me a big favor? It would be awesome if you could write a lady in my last area in Justinopolis (Lourdes). She became like a second mom to me. I feel like this is my first transfer because I became attached to all the members in my area in Justinopolis. It was hard to say good-bye. But anyways, this lady is the one that gave me a tie for my birthday and she gave me another tie right before I left, which was probably not easy for her. Anyways, it would be awesome if you could type a letter, thanking her for everything, then copy and paste it in google Translator. Then print it out and send it to her. But if you do that, don't include words like: it's, couldn't, haven't, I'm, or you're because google wont translate it. Every word has to be separated, not combined. Her address is: 
  
     Lourdes Dos Santos (Her name)
     Avenida Prefeito
     José Ramos Gomes # 73
     B: São Miguel
     CEP: 33900-506
     Ribeirão Das Neves - MG

Also, I would like to give a shout out to you dad! Happy Fathers Day!!!

I have many good memories from my childhood, but the best memories are from you dad. And many of the memories that I have may seem insignificant to you but each and every one has played a huge role in my life. Remember that one time in the Brick house when you moved a mattress into my room to sleep next to me? I don't remember why you did it, I just remember thinking how cool it was to have a Dad that wanted to have a sleep over in my room. I also remember one weekend mom went out of town, and that Friday night we went to Hastings, rented a bunch of action movies (primarily Jackie Chan) then we watched the movies from your bed while eating popcorn. I still remember you saying: "Mom said we're not allowed to eat in the bed, so don't spill the popcorn." It’s these types of events that may seem insignificant to others but I cherish those memories, because clearly I have an awesome dad. But our relationship goes far beyond that of just "Father and Son". We are best friends. All of my best memories include you dad. I only hope that someday I can be the same kind of father and friend for my children. I took a picture of a journal entry I wrote back in March that I will include in this email.

I love you all! Happy Fathers Day! Pray for me!

Love,
Elder Smidt


No comments:

Post a Comment