Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Paraíso


20-06-12

Hello family!!

     Teriks email was awesome! I would really like to receive his weekly emails every week if possible. It’s awesome to see the progress that he is making. Well, my camera started working again miraculously. I don't know how long though it may be until it really breaks down for sure though. Are you sure you couldn't send a camera through the mail? I heard of a missionary who received an iPod though the mail. And are all packages sent though a machine? Because this missionary that received his iPod though the mail, said his mom hid it in a macaroni box. It was also good to see that picture of myself, I had forgotten how awesome I am. Haha, just kidding, but seriously...

     Mom, could you do me a favor and ask Diana if Craig has gotten any of my letters? I have sent two now but have not gotten a response. Also, if you ever pass one of those LDS book stores, (I forgot what they are called) Could you buy another temple recommend case for me? If it’s cheap of course. I promised Elder Severo, my last companion that I would ask you if you could send one for him. He said to ask for one with a really awesome Scripture on it. If that's too much to ask for though, don't worry about it.

     Well, we are in the latter days... with our mission president, only ten days left in his mission. I will pass by the Mission office today to pick up more materials and see if I have any letters there. While there, I want to give him one last hug. By the way, I am very sad because during the transfer last week I picked up a letter that was from mission-ties, but while arriving at our new house in Paraíso, I lost the letter somewhere! Maybe you guys can figure out which letter it was, The last letters that I received before that letter were from Dad and Coley, sent on May 29.

     Well, this week I went for a jog for the first time in 6 months. NOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! (Oh my!) It felt quite strange. But luckily it didn't take me long to get my running form back. But geeze, the first ten minutes it felt so foreign to me. It was also the first time that I went out in public in just shorts, tennis shoes, and a t-shirt in 6 months. I almost felt normal. The only thing that kept me from feeling normal was the fact that my legs were whiter that Snow White’s legs. But man, how I missed that burning feeling in the lungs.

Things are actually going pretty well as Senior companion. I'm finally starting to feel relaxed. I never really understood how much easier it is to be the Junior companion until now. 

There are so many hills here, I sweat buckets. The other day we decided to climb to the top of the highest hill here and then started making our way down the hill knocking on doors. But while at the top, I took a picture for you guys :)

Well, I gotta go and do churchy stuff. but I love you guys!! 

God Speed!
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment