Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Little bit of growth...


18-07-12

Well hello Family!

I would first like to give a big shout out to the man who will be making it to the Double Digits! KJ! It’s crazy to think about how much he has changed over the years. I have no doubt that he will be an awesome missionary. I still have memories of KJ wearing diapers. Soon I’ll be the one wearing diapers; will it be because of my age? No, it will be because diapers make life easier when you don't want to get up. No more having to worry about missing a key part in a movie! 

I'm glad that you saw our Facebook page for our mission. I wish I could see what it looks like, but yeah. Our Mission president’s wife is REALLY animated. :) As for packages, I sent a letter home last week explaining my thoughts on packages. Mostly, packages kinda make me trunky. They bring back so many memories that truly are awesome, but that is the problem. 

Mom, I have some good information to share with you. Remember when I mentioned last week that we still needed interviews with our mission president? Well, later that day, our mission president showed up unexpected at our house! I was in the kitchen eating a hot dog, and I had ketchup and mayonnaise all over my lips, wearing nothing but my under garments. I was able to quickly throw on shorts and a shirt before he saw me. But the interview that I had with him was awesome! He is so loving and he makes you feel so important. During part of the interview he told me that he was extremely grateful for the opportunity that he had to serve with a great missionary as me. I'm sure he says that to every missionary. When he told me this I kinda chuckled and said that I didn't think I deserved such a compliment. Then he kinda got stern with me. He looked me directly in the eyes and said the following: "Next week when you write your mom, I want you to tell her the following: 'Thank you so much for sending your son on a mission and allowing him to come to Belo Horizonte, I am so thankful for the way you raised him…. So thankful for all that you did to help him become the great missionary he is right now. I need good worthy missionaries and I know that you sent me one. I love you for that reason, and I love your son.’" He then said to me, "words cannot express my gratitude for you and your mother, Elder Smidt, but make sure, make sure that you tell her thank you. The Smidt Family should be proud." I wrote down those words IMMEDIATELY after the interview, so they are true.

As for my growth, my major growing moments took place in my first four months in the mission. But every day, I make a little bit more of a progressive step. I have literally found my love for the scriptures, I have literally discovered the power of Prayer, and I have literally enjoyed the greatest blessing of all, feeling the love of Jesus and Heavenly Father for me as I search for my own eternal Salvation. I will never be the same person, I will be at least 100 times better off. I know that these are miracles, and I know that miracles happen in our time. I have learned that if we want miracles to happen in our lives, we can’t just sit around waiting for them, we need to do our part!!!! PRAY! READ THE SCRIPTURES! AND ATTEND CHURCH! Three things that, in reality, are incredibly simple, and yet we can’t find 10 minutes in our day to open the Bible, we can’t devote a few hours on Sunday to show our love and respect for our creator and Savior, we can’t even humble ourselves to get on our knees and ask the Supreme Being for a little help? This laziness makes me sad! I am being 100% serious right now, "by small and simple things, are great things brought to pass". Get off the couch and make a difference in your eternal life!!   

I love you!
God Speed!
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment