Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Drop of Golden Sun...


25-07-12

Well today is transfers! I'm receiving a new companion today that is from Argentina. He has 4 months on the mission so he probably still has a strong Spanish accent. It will be interesting... He hasn't arrived yet. Right now I’m making a division with our zone leader, Elder Cânepa. He is really cool, but my new companion will probably not arrive until probably 8 o´clock tonight. His name is Elder Atencio, I heard it on the telephone, but it was too difficult for me to say. Even though I'm a little nervous, I'm really excited at the same time. It was a little difficult to get good work done with Elder Szpikula. Now it’s time to re-lace my shoes and get back to work! 

Happy Birthday Heidi!!! I'll be wishing you some Brazilian love on your birthday!! May all your wildest dreams come true on this day.

I would really like to have Tiffy´s new address. I would like to send some letters to them but I don't know how to get the letters to them. Also, how is the new batman movie? Has anyone seen it yet? I heard a story here that someone killed twelve people in the movie theater on opening night? He thought that he was the Riddler? Or something crazy like that? Let me know more about that, sounds crazy. 

As I've been reading "The Miracle of Forgiveness" I've noticed some of dad’s inspired notes that he made in the book while serving as Bishop. It’s really neat to know Dad’s thoughts on some of the matters talked about in the book. I do have one question though. In one part in the book it’s talking about a prisoner that is faced with the penalties that he brought upon himself. On the side margin, Dad just noted "my experience as a Bishop, visiting a girl in prison, hand on glass". If dad can remember this story, I would like to hear it. It would be awesome if he could explain the story in full for me, and the feelings that were felt. Thanks.

This past week I taught a “Killer” man. A murderer! We found a new investigator, but she is not married, and we can’t baptize couples that are living together without being married legally. For this reason we wanted to talk to the man. As we were teaching him, we asked some inspired questions, found out more about him, found out that he drinks, uses drugs, and has killed in the past. When we asked if he has killed more than one person he said yes, and that he could not even tell us how many people he has killed because he said it’s more than he can count... At that point in the lesson I needed a change of underwear…. He said that his wife didn't know any of this, and he was trusting in us to keep a secret. We tried to help him, but he seemed to have no desire to change his life, no matter what we did. Maybe someday in the future he will find peace... But my gosh, it will be one difficult task!

Well, thank you for the emails, I love you guys so very much! Have a great week!

God Speed!

Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment