Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Mission President


11-07-2012

Well hello family! 

So the new Spider Man movie was actually good? That’s good to hear. I definitely had my doubts, because from the pictures that I saw before my mission, his suit looked kinda gay. But now I am happy and I will wait excitedly to see it. DAD, that idea you had was awesome!! That would be so cool if you rented a projector for when I get home to watch all the movies I missed. Also, this Long board stuff is good stuff. Keep it up family.

CONGRATULATIONS BRYAN!!!!!!! That is so awesome that my brother from another mother (literally brother) is getting married! Let me in on the deets of how he popped the big question. Also, when is the latest I can send the picture? Because my hair is pretty short right now. But I will send a picture whenever. I AM HONORED!! I can’t explain how honored and happy I feel to be included in the line especially since I am here in Brazil right now. So freakin’ cool.

So this week we had a zone conference with our new president. He sounds awesome, funny and really nice. We left Monday night, in the middle of the night and boarded our bus for Belo Horizonte at about 12:30 am. We arrived at about 6:30 am. It took about two hours less than usual. So I probably got about 4 hours of sleep since it was difficult to sleep on the bus. Then we got to hear from our president and his family from about 10-12am. Then from 1 pm to 5 pm we had training! I’m not going to lie, it was so hard only because of how tired I was. But during the practices I at least made a good tired and lazy investigator. Then we left back for the bus station, boarded our bus again at 7pm and arrived back here in Montes Claros at 2 am this morning. I am officially dead right now, don’t feel like joking around at all. At least today is P-day and I will be able to sleep a little. I’m not sure when I will have an Interview with the president but it will be another time of no sleep and many hours on a bus. The good thing is, this time I told them that I didn’t have any money left, so the mission paid for the travel expenses this time. So don’t worry about that factor mom.

My companion is from Curitiba (Koo-dee-Chee-buh) and he is hilarious. We are already great friends. He tried to say something to you guys in English on my tape but it didn’t really make sense. :) He is short and pretty chunky, but it almost makes him more funny. I will try to take a picture soon with him. We will work well together.

This week I will live off of a loaf of Bread and milk since I am out of money. :) Can’t wait for the day to dig my hands into a bag of Doritos again!

God Speed!

Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment