Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig-it" -Joe Dirt



8-8-12

Hello family!

This week has definitely been a learning and growing experience requiring much patience. I’m prideful and my companion is as well; doesn’t make too good of a combination. What’s the solution? One of us has to humble ourselves. The best solution would be for both of us to humble ourselves. But we have gotten a little better this week…still argued a few times but progress was made!

Thank you so much for the emails and all of the letters. I loved hearing from Jayden and Spencer. They sound so old now! Also, I got some great photos from Jason and Coley with a sweet comic, but it made me a little uncomfortable how tan Bronze Baratone was. Thank you for the long letter Tiffy! It made me feel more included in whats been going on. Also thank you Britt for your sweet letter. Nana, don’t EVER feel pressured to write me. Your life is already busy as it is.

Well, by the next time I will be writing you guys I will have 8 months on the mission!! 1/3 of the way done. Time is really starting to fly by which actually kind of makes me a little nervous. My mission president told me that when he spent his first night at home after the mission and woke up the next morning, his WHOLE mission just seemed like a dream, and that was just the next day. That made me a little worried. I don’t want my mission to just seem like a dream. I want my mission to be a historical land-mark in my brain.

Still nothing from John the Great, or Bryan the Brave. I hope John gets to feeling better with all this stomach infection, tail-bone broken, stuff. Also, hope things are working out smoothly for Bryan and Melissa in their planning process for the big wedding day.

Well I reached a new record this past week for lessons taught. We taught 45 lessons! Last week we had a baptism and this week we are looking forward to two more.

Our mission president is starting to change a few things. From now on we will be having p-day on Mondays. We will be doing our weekly planning Sunday night at 7. Also, in the past during the first lesson, we always ended at the Joseph Smith story- how he was called of God as a prophet and God restored the Church of Jesus Christ through him." Then we always just asked the question, "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized in His church?" It was always like this, but now with our new president, we also teach about the Book of Mormon real quickly (two minutes) after Joseph Smith and then ask them if they will read and pray to know if the book of Mormon is true. If they accept, then we ask, "knowing that this book is true, will you be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ?" It’s different than what I’m used to, but I will go and I will do.

Lots of missionaries are not accepting the new president. It’s been pretty hard for him and his wife to get the missionaries to accept them. President Parrella (last mission president) was so different and strict. Many of the missionaries are having difficulty adjusting to a new way of doing things or changing from the way things have been done their whole missions. They think the old way is the only way. 

Well, I hope all is going well for you guys. I love you!
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment