Monday, August 27, 2012

My New Companion....


27-8-12

Hello family and friends, 

Well, I got a new companion and he is AWESOME! He and I are already like best friends. He likes all the same stuff that I do except for the Oregon Ducks. That almost broke the companionship, but I decided I would let that one fault slip. The spirit that we have together while teaching is awesome! My first lesson with him we taught a man that we met while knocking on doors, probably 26 years old, wearing only shorts, looked like he didn’t really have anything to do with religion, was playing Xbox when we got in. We sat down and started teaching and the spirit was so strong. After I finished our first prayer, when I looked at him, he was crying; last thing I expected to see with him. But I am now loving it here with my comp, his name is Elder Carnaúba, from São Paulo. He only has three months on the mission total, so I’m finishing up the training with him. He made me so trunky though when he said that the Avengers was his favorite film. The pictures that I have included are of me and Elder Nelson, he is also one of the coolest missionaries on this mission. He and I have gotten so close. We serve in the same Branch, just in different areas, but we see each other a lot. He is the one that bleeds green and yellow, and is the most hilarious person I have ever met.

Thank you so much for the package!! I loved it, but I enjoyed sharing it more with the other missionaries. Some things I kept to myself :) But listen, whereever you bought that little Avengers notebook, please go back there and buy another 10. It is literally perfect! My planner doesn’t fit in my shirt pocket but that little notebook fits perfectly. It’s so nice to have to quickly write down an address or a phone number, and its always just 100% cool looking. If there are batman ones, that would be cool too.

Thank you to Brittany for all the cool photos and the pop rocks candy. Man if you have pop rocks here in Brazil, you're like the cat’s pajamas. Thank you! Also thank you for all the letters that I got. I hope all is going well for Heidi. 

Congrats Bryan!! What’s your new last name again? How much did the wedding dress cost? Who did you choose as your brides maid? But seriously, did someone take a photo of the line? I would like to see how awesome I looked with a photo-shopped mustache that John promised me. By the way, I got John’s letter and thank you very much!

Things are looking a lot more positive now! This calls for a Krispy Kreme Donut.... Dang it.

God Speed!

Elder Smidt X








No comments:

Post a Comment