Monday, October 29, 2012

What A Long Week...


Family and Friends,

This week seems like it has been very long. Its been stressful (not too stressful, just a little) having to care for my district. All of their errors fall on my head now.

I could really use some new garments though. I have been meaning to say that for a while now, but have kept forgetting. Just bottoms. I feel like an Indian now with a cloth piece by how much they are wearing down.

So this past week, we did something that I’ve never done before. We went wedding crashing. We taught this couple the first lesson, and they said that they were too busy to even think about religion right now because they were getting married that weekend. But they left us with an invitation to go to their wedding rehearsal. So that’s exactly what we did. We went there and went around to every table of people eating, talking about our church, made a lot of appointments, and made a lot of friends. Then we headed out, but not without snatching some food.

Anyways, yes, I got the SD card. Thank you! I also have put the wrapped presents on the corner of my desk waiting for Christmas. I can’t wait to open them!

Haven’t heard anything yet on the bank situation with my money that was stolen.

Mom- Elder Cox's family moved away from the Boise area this past summer due to work issues, and now they are living in San Francisco, or at least close by there. But Elder Cox was telling me that they don’t have other "Cox" relatives in the area, or so he thinks. His moms email address is "kerriejcox@gmail.com". He is an awesome companion! He has been helping so much, since he already has almost 6 months here. He knows just about everybody.

Tell Tiffany to send me an email. I’m allowed to email her since she’s immediate family, but I don’t have her email address with me and I always forget to bring my address book with me. If I arrive here next week with an email in my inbox, it will just be way easier to remember to ask her a question that I have in mind.

Attached is a picture of me in the area, and a really ironic picture. Its pretty dark so its hard to see exactly, but there is a picture of a Bar, and above it is a Building for Alcoholic Anonymous. I thought it was pretty funny.

Well, until next time!

God Speed
Elder Smidt X





No comments:

Post a Comment