Monday, February 4, 2013

Vine swinging, rock sliding, bug smashing, yeah, I went to the Jungle today.


Hello!!

So first of all, my memory with Pops Smidt is simple…

I was able to truly show Pops the true beauty of square watches while on a cruise to Mexico. And I will never forget when we went snorkeling together in that ocean. Some of my best memories in life were spent sitting next to Pops in the truck listening to him sing his classic songs, "Watch Lillian wrestle rassle, a box of Oysterettes" or something along those lines…

Happy Birthday Pops!! And a very happy birthday to Shawn today too!!!


Today we went to the Jungle and I will show pictures next p-day, but I forgot my camera today. It was so cool! I was able to hang out with Elder Oakes again which was really cool. I got really close to him at the MTC. We hiked for what seemed like hours into the Jungle, went under a big water fall, swung on some sweet vines like Tarzan, went into some scary caves, and then an investigator came up to us and I was like, "How did you find me?" and he was just like, "I saw you from the village" and as I looked over his shoulder to see some kids waving at me from their lawns, I realized I wasn’t really all too far away from the village.

During my last interview with the president he hinted along the lines the possibility of me becoming the next Assistant, but after the bill for lunch during the Zone conference, I think I lost his trust and chance of that happening! We went to a restaurante (dont know how to spell it in english) for the Zone Conference. All you can eat pizza and meat, but it wasnt American pizza. Ended up being 1,700 reais, or about 800 dollars for all of the missionaries to eat there. It was kinda pricey and I don’t think the president was too happy with me since he put me in charge of picking the restaurante. Oops!

I cannot wait to get on my bike.

I have been really trying to teach a lot simpler and just trust that the spirit will teach the people the rest, and it was been working wonders. We are finding a lot of new investigators.

I cannot wait to ride my bike.

Alright, I’m sorry about all that stuff about my bike, but it is just so darn pretty. I think I just named it "Jóia" in my mind.(would by said like "Joy-a" in Portuguese, and it means Jewel)

I don’t really have anything else to add. But I love and miss you all so very much. Oh and I will be coming home on November 20th, yes, almost a whole month earlier because of when transfers happen and Christmas the next month etc.... weird. But that means that Tiffy has really got to get crackin on choosing a young Filly for me to date after the mission! I trust in you Tiffy! But just remember that I also have high standards. You can change a girl’s testimony at any moment, but the looks is something permanent.... Yeah, I just said that.


God Speed!
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment