Monday, May 13, 2013

Miracles in our area...


Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for all of the Birthday wishes, and Happy Mother’s day to the best mom on planet earth!  I still haven’t gotten the box from Coley and Heidi that I'm hearing all about, but I can’t wait. Thank you Britt for the letter letting me in on all the information about what is going on and your trip. That was really fun to read. Thank you Nana and Pops Smidt for sending me a card and for the Birthday money. It means so much to me. 

So, even though my companion is going home and we talk about some things that he will be doing when he gets home, and we talk about how much cooler the Holy Land is than Brazil, we are still working REALLY hard. We don’t let that influence our work at all, and we are seeing results. Remember when I said that the attendance of our ward was like at 20? Well, it got up to 86 this last Sunday, it’s really been boosting. We have a few Baptisms coming up too if they will just keep the commandments. Please pray for Hebert that he can get out of his depression and understand the importance of the gospel and please pray for Yony that she can focus on keeping the law of chastity and get married.


I was so glad to talk to you guys yesterday. Sorry that the connection was so bad. I have decided that good phones don’t exist here.

Love you and miss you all!!!!

Elder Smidt X

PS.  Keep this pic mom, its on another missionary's camera. Elder Winsel took it. The four of us in the picture are all from the same group in the MTC.


No comments:

Post a Comment