Monday, May 20, 2013

My birthday...


Hello World!

So I actually had a really cool birthday this week. Well the day of my birthday wasn’t that cool, except for the part where my companion put some matches sticking out of a day old slice of pizza, then lit them for me to blow them out. That was pretty cool. And then a Member that is preparing to go on a mission brought me a huge chocolate cake to eat at night. He is from a different ward, but we let him come on a lot of divisions with us to help prepare him for a mission. But then yesterday, 5 people from my first ward in Venda Nova (my very first area on my mission) came all the way to see me to wish me a Happy Birthday and brought some presents. I couldn’t believe that they remembered my birthday, or how they found me! It was like a 4 hour drive just to visit me at church. But it was way cool to see them and really thoughtful. It made my day, one of the best Birthdays!

This week I’ve been getting some exames done so I didn’t have a lot of time to teach, but we were still blessed with 5 investigators at the church with two of them progressing to be baptized. Edisilma and Nicanor, they are both married and have two kids, they are pretty well off with money, and they know that this stuff is true. They just have a fear of leaving behind all of their traditions and junk, but they will get baptized!

I hope you have fun on your trip to the Caribbean, I’m pretty jealous.

I love you all!
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment