Monday, July 22, 2013

The week I was translated to the Heavens...


Family and Friends,

This week was soooo awesome that.... I can’t express how awesome it was. But to explain what has happened, I got transferred! I'm back to the Bible Belt of Minas Gerais, where there are various churches in just one little road. I am in the same city as I was in when I started my mission; in Venda Nova and Justinopolis. I have already seen some old familiar faces but I have forgotten how intense religion is here. I became soft in Sete Lagoas. The People here are brutal and stubborn with religion, but I love it here! The hills again, the dirt roads, the extremely poor houses, and the Baptisms!!!

We are working super hard, and we have one baptism firm this week, and another one that will be baptized if he doesn't have to travel this weekend. But if he stays he'll be getting baptized as well. I'm stoked! I have a new fire in me. My companion is Elder Jacob, and he was called to be a Zone leader recently. He has 1 year and 2 months on the mission, and we are both in charge of the biggest and ‘most baptizing’ zone in the mission. What a privilege to be working here again. We also had a "Mission Tour" with a member of the Seventy, Elder Mazzagardi. It was super spiritual and energizing. We learned a lot about faith and desire.

Congratulations Bryan and Melissa!!! I'm super proud of you guys! I hope all works out just fine you your new little family. Happy Birthday KJ!!! May all your wishes come true and I hope that you become sooo rich that you buy us both Jet Packs. I could really use one right now. Happy Future birthday to my oldest, (but not in looks) sister, HEIDI!!! Woo hoo, congrats on reaching the big 3-0!!  And also happy Birthday to Brianna! I can’t wait to see all of you guys again. It will be super awesome. Chique de mais!!!


"Whether you think that you can or you can't, you're right."
                        -Henry Ford

God Speed-
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment