Monday, August 26, 2013

New House...


Hello Family and Friends,

This week we were able to baptize Henrique and it was awesome! He is so cool. He came back from his trip and we taught him a lesson and invited him to be baptized that same week, yesterday. He is already liked by everyone in the ward. Saturday he went and played soccer with all the other young men at the church. Unfortunately, the other girls that we thought were committed can’t let go of coffee and they don't see it much of an important thing to keep the Commandments. 

So my companion has one year and three months on the mission. We have started renting a new house this week. I never thought that renting a house would be so strenuous. We had to sign a bunch of papers, have her sign papers, get a whole bunch of bank information, etc. It was very complicated. But it is a sweet house. It’s big and nice, with tile, good doors, windows, everything is good and new and clean. And the lady was only asking 500 reais per month for it. So we took it. That is extremely lower than usual renting prices here.

Last night was our first night there and we only had enough time to bring our mattresses over and our suitcases; nothing else. Not our bed frames, oven, washing machine, tables, nothing, only our mattresses. So the house was really empty last night and hollow. And my companion gets scared easily. We heard some weird sounds when we were starting to go to sleep, so I played it up.
I said, "Elder there has to be some kind of reason why this house was so cheap, right? Do you think there's something wrong with it?"
It was already completely dark, we were only able to vaguely see the dim moonlight shining through the front door. We were sleeping in the main room on the floor.
He responded, "What are you talking about?" And then we heard an unusual clinking sound from an unknown location. 
"Do you think that maybe, I don't know, this could be one of those haunted houses?" Another sound clinked a little louder.
"Seriously, you can shut up now!" he quickly jabbed back at me. 
"I'm sorry, I'm just kidding," I softly said and let silence fill the room. After a minute or two that I relished, knowing he wasn't feeling comfortable, I questioned, "Elder why are you just standing next to your bed looking down at it?" 
He shot up out of his bed faster than lightning and starting throwing a fit. I laughed so hard I was crying. That was probably my funniest moment this week.

Well, I love you and miss you all! Have a great week!

God Speed.

Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment