Monday, August 5, 2013

We are all enlisted...


Hello Family and Friends,

This week was quite the awesome one. We had an unexpected baptism. Her name is Maria Ilsa. We felt like we really needed to try our hardest to baptize every week, and until Wednesday we didn’t have anybody. Elder Jacob and I started talking about why we weren’t finding anybody, and then I realized what was missing. I told him that we were trying to do things our way, with our own efforts and without relying on the Lord for guidance. So that night we decided to look in the Area Book one more time, except this time we prayed that the names of people who were in need of the Gospel would be shown unto us. As soon as we ended the prayer, I opened the book and it seemed like my mind was opened. I wrote down the first three names that caught my attention and the next day we had lunch and started working in that area. After not a whole lot of luck, we passed by two of the three names that I wrote down, the two that were closest, because the first name I wrote down was really far away from where we were working. But finally in the afternoon we decided to visit the last person that we had. Running out of time, we basically ran there, crossing over mountains. When we got there she said she was waiting for us to return. She said that she had told herself that the next time the missionaries passed by there she would accept our message and be baptized. She was baptized and it was such a cool experience. It really made me appreciate the help that we get from the Lord when we search for it.

"I do not aboast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my bjoy is full, yea, my heart is brim with cjoy, and I will rejoice in my God."  Alma 26: 11

This week that kid that I mentioned a while ago will come back. We baptized his best friend two Sundays ago and yesterday he received the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Kids name is Carlos Henrique, and his friend that was baptized is Mauro. Its kinda funny because I expected to Baptize Carlos first and then Mauro, but it looks like things were switched.

Dad, I want you to watch one short film from the church, its called "The Stonecutter". You may have already watched it, but maybe never completely understood it. I want you to relate the calling that the man talks about that he has, to your calling that you have as the patriarch of our home. I cried at the line that the son says to the dad at the end because I just thought of you and our relationship that we had. Please watch it when you aren’t busy so that you can focus on the message. After watching it, I realized how grateful I am to have you as my father. 
I love you dad.
Anyways, I hope all is good with you guys, Its not too long now!

God Speed

Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment