Monday, February 25, 2013

Highs and Lows....


25-2-2012

      So this week I received a new companion. His name is Elder Bondan. He is a Brazilian but he is from the southern area of Brazil. He is white and has Swiss blood in him, hence the last name not being a usual Brazilian name. Most of the people think that he is an American because of his white skin and his accent. Down in the south the Brazilians almost have an American accent. They say their "R's" like we Americans do. But he is powerful. I had a lot of fun times with Elder Cancino, that crazy Chilean, but now it’s time to work and get serious. My new companion has more of a serious attitude, doesn't joke around a lot. But he teaches really well.

       We found 12 new investigators in three days working together, and brought 5 of them to church yesterday. But guess what the last talk was about? Baptisms done in the temple. Its pretty deep doctrine for an investigator to handle. It did not go over well at all for our investigators who had only begun to hear our messages. They needed milk before meat. All five of them fell off the face of the earth afterwards. If we could have just explained the Plan of Salvation that Heavenly Father has for us beforehand,  it would have helped a lot. Some people just don't understand that there is so much more for us after this life, and so many blessings that are in store, and that we can be eternal families! But there is work to be done as well that continues on after this life. How grateful I am to be a part of this great plan.

        I have been having some doubts about my assignment as Zone Leader recently. Sometimes I feel like I'm not up to status as a Zone Leader. I just want to baptize and help other people, but I feel like I am so worried about the other missionaries in my zone, trying to help them, worrying about their work, that I can’t focus fully on my work. I was thinking that maybe I will talk to the President and ask for counsel; should I be released as Zone Leader, so that I can work more diligently? But I want your opinions as well.

       The mission is not easy. I always try to be as excited and happy as I can through the emails, but there are many difficulties that I face, EVERY DAY. But then again, not one of us can really know and understand the slightest bit of the Sacrifice that the Lord paid when he atoned for us. We may think that we have an idea, but I am with the Prophets when they say that we cannot nearly comprehend what He did for us. So in short, I am grateful for the difficulties that I face as a missionary working for the salvation of men, because as President Uchtdorf said, I am feeling just a small token of what he did for me.

God Speed!
Elder Smidt X

No comments:

Post a Comment